Here is the horse I am making an offer on. Pending clean blood test (which we think it will be). I am in that funny place of trying to be neutral. It’s possible the proverbial rug can still be pulled out from under me before buying the horse.
I will tell you more about him if and when he becomes my own.
He looks remarkably like my beloved DC, but he acts remarkably different as he has a much calmer demeanor (and he has a long beautiful forelock as opposed to DC’s funny “fro-lock” that was always fuzzy and never grew).
My brain has been rehearsing best and worst case scenarios for the last 24 hours.
“What if I get him and and he goes lame?”
“What if he has some freak accident?”
“What if I never get attached?”
I didn’t pet him that much on the day of the trial or yesterday during the vet check. I didn’t talk to him that much either. Just a few pats and a few “good boys.” I’m guarding my heart still.
The vet I used yesterday I had never met before as she is from the San Diego area. She was professional and a good communicator. And toward the end of the exam she shared with me on the plane of rider to rider, woman to woman–not professional to client–that she thinks he’s a diamond in the rough.
My trainer thinks so too.
And I agree.
And so, I don’t know how this will flesh out, but I am taking the plunge.
And I am learning to be comfortable with the risk.
Finally, if you haven’t subscribed to Saddle Seeks Horse blog posts yet, go for it.