Horses are expensive, but gifts for the hard core horse lover don’t have to be! If there’s an equestrian on your Christmas list (or you’re not sure what to ask Santa to get you) here are ninegreat options. All these presents for horse lovers featured are under $40 which means you (or your loved ones) don’t have to go broke in order to give a thoughtful gift.
(This post contains affiliate links)
1. C4 Belt This is a great belt for riding and not riding. I have one in leopard print and one in white! It comes in one size and you simply cut it to fit your waist, attach the fastener and you’re ready to wow. C4 belts come in vivid colors and once you’ve purchased, you scan a QR code, go to their site and select one of four charities to donate to (I opted for Boys & Girls Club of America).
2. Tara Kiwi T-Shirt How cute is this? I own and love it in white and long sleeves (which is a bit over $40, but not bad). The owner/designer Tara Hammond Leu is a fellow horse lover and Angeleno. Lots of great designs in her shop–give it a gander.
3. Stable Relation, the gorgeous memoir by blogger Anna Blake. You will literally laugh and cry and feel like you’ve made a new friend when you read this book. Get to know the Grandfather Horse; you’ll thank me later.
4. Higher Standards Leather Care Combo Pack With handcrafted fragrances like Ben’s Rosemary Mint and Fox’s Vanilla Lavender, cleaning and conditioning your bridle has never been more spa-like. A friend sent me this combo pack one year for Christmas and it was (and still is) one of my favorites.
5. Epona Smooth Finish Equestrian Boot Socks I really like the texture and thickness of these socks. Not too thin, not too thick. Just right. And in our hot Southern California climate, they are very comfortable.
6. SmartPak Medium Diamond Deluxe AP Saddle Pad An equestrian can never have too many saddle pads, and with over 200 reviews and a five star rating, these pads can’t be beat! Who can resist the cute piping?
7. Eco Horse Pony Lunch Bag by Little Lark This adorable lunch sack is made from recycled cotton canvas and has a rope handle, velcro closure, and is washable! This gift will not only support the environment, but also an Etsy artist.
8. Fun Spur Straps Add a little glam or sass to an oft-overlooked item–the humble spur strap. Without this small band of leather, we equestrians would be more limited in using aids to communicate effectively with our horses. These zebra-y, leopard-y and crocodile-y straps can now serve as function AND fashion.
Comment on This Post: They say the best gifts are those you would like to keep for yourself. Do you agree? Thanks for reading!
Question: What’s currently on your gift wish list?